The Deep South and travelplanners are giving one lucky winner the chance to win a holiday for 2 to the Deep South. Prize includes return flights for up to 2 weeks, 5 nights accommodation and Hertz car hire for the duration of the trip.
The winner can tailor make their Deep South holiday with one of our travelplanners.
- Enter your contact details in the form below
- Like our Facebook page
- Tell us why you want to holiday in the Deep South by commenting on the competitions post below
- Tag a friend you’d love to go on this trip with
- Share this competition on your Facebook page by pressing the share button
Your Deep South Adventure is waiting for you
'Sweet Home Alabama' is a state immortalised in the lyrics of the legendary song. Nestled in the heart of the American Deep South, Alabama has a flavour all of its own! Award winning cuisine, the best barbecue and fresh from the Gulf seafood is washed down with the traditional Alabama sweet tea and served with a generous helping of southern hospitality.
In Kentucky you will find the Horse Capital of the World (Lexington), makers of 95% of the world’s Bourbon, longest cave system in the world (Mammoth Cave National Park), the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln, Muhammad Ali and Bill Monroe (Father of Bluegrass Music). Kentucky also host large music festivals like ROMP and Forecastle, and food festivals including the International BBQ Festival (Owensboro), Kentucky Bourbon Festival (Bardstown) and World Chicken Festival (London).
Louisiana is a place where you can Feed Your Soul - a state with so much diversity that just a short drive takes you to another world within the state’s borders. No place in America is better known for incredible indigenous food and music. Our cuisine is legendary no matter which part of the state you visit. Cajun and Creole delicacies – dishes with curious names like gumbo, jambalaya and étouffée and the best in Gulf of Mexico seafood – are at every turn, found alongside unique Louisiana spins on more traditional Southern fare.
A visit to Mississippi would not be complete without touring one of the state's beautiful historic homes. Natchez, with its elegant mansions, boasts the most of these grand estates, but they can also be found in Vicksburg, Meridian, Columbus, Rolling Fork and the Gulf Coast as well. Stay overnight in one for an authentic and unforgettable night.
Tennessee is one of a kind. Experience the allure of our music, beauty, family adventure and history. Find it by losing yourself in the breath-taking beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains, where the fog's so thick you can’t tell where the world ends and heaven begins. A place, where you can conquer the Appalachian Trails in the morning, then plummet back down to earth in the afternoon with ride after ride at Dollywood. Discover the grandeur of the mighty Mississippi River rolling through the land of the blues, rock and soul in Memphis. Or, experience the relaxation of driving through the rolling hills of Middle Tennessee with the top down, stopping to soak in our storied history.
There’s no better way to discover the real USA than by having the flexibility and convenience of driving your own car. Explore the open road at your pace, stop when it suits you and take the time to explore all that this amazing continent has to offer. Driving in the USA is easy and enjoyable, the roads are well maintained and the petrol considerably cheaper than it is in in the UK.
Prize Terms & Conditions
- Prize based on 2 people travelling
- Travel dates 18th August 2019 – 30th June 2020
- Prize must be booked by 30th September 2019
- Prize includes return flights from the UK, 5 nights accommodation in a choice of Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee, Kentucky & Mississippi plus up to 2 weeks car hire
- This prize is for one winner and 1 guest to receive to receive 2 complimentary economy return flights from the UK.
- 23 Kgs of checked luggage per person
- Car hire is valid for the full duration of your trip
- Minimum age 18 under 25 surcharge to be paid locally
- The Flights and accommodation are subject to availability at the time of booking and embargoes and blackout periods may apply. If the date selected by the prize winner is unavailable due to airline embargo or blackout dates then a range of alternative dates will be offered.
- The costs of any additonal nights accommodation, transfers, travel insurance, parking, meals, spending money and all and any other incidental travel expenses, any hotel resort fees are not included in the prize.
- All prizes are non-transferable/ non-exchangeable, non-amendable and not redeemable for cash in whole or in part.
- Name changes, or destination changes are not permitted.
- Winner and guest must travel on the same flight and dates and carry valid passports. The prize must be used by the winner and guests travelling together.
- travelplanners disclaim liability for typographical errors and errors in distributions. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, travelplanners reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- Entry into the prize draw implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Travel insurance is required, but is not included. It is the prize-winner's responsibility to ensure they have proper travel insurance cover prior to beginning their journey.
- Visa: It is the prize-winner's responsibility to ensure that, should a visa be required to enter a country, this is to be obtained prior to travelling. Failure to ensure the correct documentation is in place will probably result in the passenger being refused passage on the aircraft.
- Health Documents: It is the prize-winner's responsibility to ensure they are in possession of any health documents that may be required for the country they are visiting. Failure to obtain such documents could result in the passenger being refused entry.